Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Now That May is Over...

Hello lovely blog readers.  It has been a month since I wrote or even got inspired... Despite the fact that month of May was filled with some happy occasions like Mother's Day and my wedding anniversary, it was also a sad month for me!  Unfortunately, my life became short of one exceptional human being... I will always remember her endless love and kind words.  I will forever cherish the memories I had with her.  I was lucky to call myself her granddaughter. Farewell to my beautiful grandmother.  May you rest in peace.
As some of you already know, I was very close to her.  Being the first grand kid,  I got to spend a lot of quality time with her.  She was a huge part of my life growing up.  I remember my mother used to drop me off every morning at my grandmother's house and the school bus would then pick me up from her house and then drop me off after school till my mother would come from work and get me.  I have such fond memories of those days... she was always in the kitchen cooking some amazing dishes and most times things that I loved.  I consider myself extremely lucky to have had that opportunity and wish my kids could have too!
As you can imagine, it has been very hard for me to blog or even share recipes with you as it was a reminder of my Grandmother.  It also seemed that my kids were off from school way too often in May!  Someone once told me: "The more you pay for a school, the less they go!"  I am really starting to feel that now that I have 2 in school. School is almost over and I have a week to entertain my little ones before they both start summer camp.  In New York, unless you have a summer house or know of someone who does, you end up signing up your kids at various summer camps and allow others to provide entertainment on hot summer days.  Clearly, we are on the latter category.
I will make this blog short, but want to remind you all of an older blog that was one of my Grandmother's specialties - Saffron Rice Pudding.  I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we all do.
Stay tuned...